Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What are they trying to tell me now?

So my spirit helper(s) talk to me through music. Pretty sure it's my grandma. So, anyway, today I'm driving home and the "pick five at five" or whatever it's called comes on. Some new person sends in their request for five songs to play at rush hour each day. I happen to be thinking about an ex at that moment. The first song is NIN. (they're from CLE). Cool. Next song is the Violent Femmes (WI band). That's when I think someone might be talking to me. I live in CLE, but home is WI. Ok, so what song is thrown at me next? "Wish u were here". This is the song that came on the radio the minute I left the ex's house the last time I saw him. And it ended exactly as I pulled into my driveway. Huh. He also happens to live here but is originally from WI. Huh. Next song was "Caress Me Down". OK, mindless sex song which was appropriate for how the last month of the relationship seemed to be. So, I wondered, what's this fifth song going to be? I told my grandma to finish out the sign by making this last song be about our future potential. What does she play me? A song by Muse. Something about someone's soul being a black hole. That can't be good.....can it??!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is an all too familiar scenario for me, too. Saturday, while getting ready to head out on my second date with The Boy, I popped in an unlabeled cd. Just so happened to be one my ex made me that I hadn't really listened to before. A lot of songs about breaking up, moving on and being mad at someone. Ironic timing I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow up to the Muse song and what the hell it meant....I'm reaching...really reaching..but recently, I had a very touching moment with him while listening to Muse. Sigh...why is it I have to rely on signs to tell me what the hell is going on with us.

    ReplyDelete